A Message from Father David
Dear Parishioners of St. Mary, Mother of the Church Parish,
Welcome back to Holy Mass and the Sacraments.
Please continue to take the precautions necessary to keep yourself safe while at Mass: social distancing and masks if you are in a high risk group.
A very big thank you to all of you who have continued to support the parish with your weekly contributions and your BAA pledges.
Let us pray for an end to this pandemic, a return to work for the many in need, and for God's grace to persevere through it all.
Abundant blessings and peace,
Fr. David M. Chiantella
Faith Formation Registration
Registration for Faith Formation 2020-2021 classes concludes on Monday August 31 at 6 PM. Due to the Coronavirus, classes for the 2020-2021 school year will be different.
- Students will be taught by their parents at home, with support from the parish.
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Communion students’ families will meet with Mrs. Marie Chenevert to answer questions. 2nd Year Communion will have 9 of these meetings.
- Confirmation 1 and 2 families will meet with Mrs. Hortencia Sanchez during the year.
- Students who are not baptized will attend extra classes. When registering, please bring the godparent form which is available under the Faith Formation tab on this website.
- Registration takes place in person in St. Joseph Hall. See the Faith Formation tab on this website for registration times, fees, and documents needed.
- For registration and all meetings, the CDC guidelines are handwashing, staying 6 feet apart, and covering your nose and mouth with a cloth face mask.
- Mrs. Marie Chenevert, office 919-772-5199 or cell 919-579-9936.
- Mrs. Hortencia Sanchez, office 919-341-2989 or cell 919-579-9942.
Our parish's online giving tool is WeShare. It's safe, simple, and convenient! Click on the Donate circle to set up your one-time or recurring gift from your debit card, credit card, or checking account. You're welcome to call the parish office at 919-772-5524 or contact customer support at [email protected] if you need help. Thank you for your generosity!
Mondays and Wednesdays at noon
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 8 AM
Saturday at 5 PM (English)
Sábado a 7 PM (Español)
Sunday at 8 AM and 10 AM (English)
Domingo a mediodía (Español)
The diocese is livestreaming Masses on its YouTube channel. See https://dioceseofraleigh.org/news/online-spiritual-resources for a link to the Masses.
Mass for The Assumption
On Saturday August 15 at 10 AM, Mass will be celebrated for The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This liturgical year, The Assumption is not a holy day of obligation.
El horario de atención se suspende durante el brote de coronavirus.
Our priests will never send an email or text requesting money or gift cards. Our clergy email addresses end in @raldioc.org
Nuestros sacerdotes nunca enviarán un correo electrónico o mensaje de texto solicitando dinero o tarjetas de regalo.
Bishop's Annual Appeal
The 2020 Bishop’s Annual Appeal funds more than 40 ministries in the areas of charity, evangelization, and worship.
In addition to the ongoing formation of the Priests and Deacons currently serving in our Diocese, the Bishop’s Annual Appeal funds nearly the entire amount needed to educate our future Priests. There are currently 24 Seminarians in Priestly formation for the Diocese.
The Bishop’s Annual Appeal also funds six college Campus Ministry Centers. College campuses have an average Catholic population of 28%, but receive no funding from non-Catholic institutions. Without the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, there would be no opportunity for our college age youth to practice their religion or learn about the Catholic faith for the first time. This support is incredibly important because participation at these Catholic Campus Ministries is at an all-time high.
Overall, the Bishop’s Annual Appeal will provide over $7 million in the upcoming year to help those in physical and spiritual need.
Thank you for your participation in meeting this year's goal.