A Message from Father David
Dear Parish Family of St. Mary, Mother of the Church,
With great joy in my heart, I announce to you: “Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!” This ancient greeting sums up what we celebrate this Easter Sunday, the joy of Christ risen and alive in our midst.
“This is the day the Lord has made: let us rejoice and be glad” (Psalm 118). This then is the Joyful Good News: Christ by his death and resurrection has conquered sin so we may live. The Resurrection is the foundation and cornerstone of our faith. As Saint Paul says if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is useless, and our faith too is in vain (1 Cor 15:14).
On Easter Vigil we recall God’s story –in our story of salvation. The liturgy of the Word re-enacts that story and we joyfully celebrate the risen Lord in our midst as He offers Himself anew in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. We do this in a spirit of thanksgiving to God who gives His own Son to die in order to rescue us from the slavery of sin. May we live as people deeply touched by the resurrection and proclaim: Christ is risen, Alleluia! May our encounter with the risen Lord on our journey of faith touch us deeply and transform us as He did for His Disciples. May the resurrection lead us to be the best version of ourselves; committed to live out our Baptismal covenant.
When we live the new life of the Resurrection, we become the best version of ourselves. We become what Saint Augustine referred to as an “Easter People”, a people transformed into disciples and stewards who commit to give their time, talent, and treasure in witness. My prayer for you this Easter is that you live as people deeply touched by the Resurrection and proclaim: Christ is risen, Christ is truly risen, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Yours faithfully in the Holy Name,
Father David Chiantella
Our priests will never send an email or text requesting money or gift cards. Our clergy email addresses end in @raldioc.org
Nuestros sacerdotes nunca enviarán un correo electrónico o mensaje de texto solicitando dinero o tarjetas de regalo.
Our parish's online giving system is WeShare. It's safe, simple, and convenient! Click on the Donate circle to set up your one-time or recurring gift from your debit card, credit card, or checking account. You're welcome to call the parish office at 919-772-5524 or contact customer support at [email protected] if you need help. Thank you for your generosity!
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 8 AM
Saturday at 5 PM (English)
Sábado a 7 PM (Español)
Sunday at 8 AM and 10 AM (English)
Domingo a mediodía (Español)
The diocese is livestreaming Masses on its YouTube channel. See https://dioceseofraleigh.org/news/online-spiritual-resources for a link to the Masses.
- First and third Wednesdays from 5 PM to 6:30 PM in English. No confessions April 7th.
- Second and fourth Wednesdays from 6 PM to 7:30 PM in Spanish.
- Saturdays from 3:30 PM to 4:45 PM in English.
- By appointment with a priest. Please email the priest to arrange the appointment.
Las oficinas parroquiales están abiertas de lunes a jueves de 9 a.m. a 4:30 p.m. y lunes y miércoles de 6 p.m. a 8:30 p.m.
Bishop's Annual Appeal
Last year, donations to the Bishop's Annual Appeal helped our diocese to celebrate 3,299 baptisms, 690 marriages, 1,958 confirmations, and 1,735 first communions. Youth and adult sacrament preparation, catechist formation, and marriage preparation and support are all aided by your BAA donations. Thank you!
We have kicked off our Annual Bishops Annual Appeal fundraising effort to support many important works in the diocese and in our parish. Thank you to everyone that has already completed and returned their pledge card. If you haven’t had a chance yet, it’s never been easier. You can go to http://www.GiveToBAA.org and securely complete your pledge today.
Thank you for your continued generous support of our parish and our community.
The 2021 Bishop’s Annual Appeal funds many ministries in the areas of charity, evangelization, and worship. The Bishop’s Annual Appeal will provide over $7 million in the upcoming year to help those in physical and spiritual need. Our parish's goal is $83,294. Funds raised are distributed:
- 24% to education: sacramental preparation, Catholic school support, catechist formation, youth ministry and retreats, college campus ministry, continuing education for clergy
- 22% to ministry: hospital ministry, financial help to rural parishes, safe environment training, formation of permanent deacons, special diocesan liturgies
- 22% to Catholic Charities: disaster services, family crisis support, food pantries, immigration services. Over 58,000 people were helped last year, and 3 million pounds of food were distributed
- 13% to communications: bilingual media programming, NC Catholics magazine, social media, video, the diocesan website, dioceseofraleigh.org
- 11% to marriage, family, and respect life: marriage preparation, marriage support, natural family planning, promoting a culture of life and dignity, post-abortion healing, prison ministry
- 8% to seminarians and vocations: outreach to those discerning a vocation and tuition, room & board, books, and formation support for the 20 men studying for the priesthood
Thank you for your participation in meeting this year's goal. You can donate online at www.GiveToBAA.org or pick up a pledge packet in the church.