A Message from Father David
Dear Parish Family of St. Mary, Mother of the Church,
May Is the Month of Mary
May is the month of growth with much of creation returning to bloom. The time of winter is now passed. And in a similar fashion, the month of May brings us the joy of celebrating in a special manner the Blessed Virgin Mary. May is the Month of Mary. All of the months of the year have a particular devotion.
She is the Virgin Mother of God, whose fiat allowed Our Lord to take human form in her womb. She was preserved from all stain of sin throughout her entire life. And, after her life, she was assumed body and soul into Heaven by the power of God and crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth. She is an example for us to imitate in faithful obedience to Jesus, and she is our special advocate with Her Divine Son.
In May there are a number of wonderful liturgical feasts in honor of Mary throughout the month.Here are some ways to honor Mary especially during May:
- Pray the Rosary Every Day, if you do not do so already
- Encourage others to be enrolled in the Brown Scapular and to wear the Scapular Daily
- Pray the Litany of Loreto each evening
- Honor the many feastdays in honor of Mary during May
- Visit a Marian Shrine in your area
- Consecrate yourself and your family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Yours faithfully in the Holy Name,
Father David Chiantella
Pastor Emeritus Father Francis Maloney
The Diocese of Raleigh annouonced the death of Father Frank Maloney, our pastor from 1996 to 2000, on Wednesday April 28. For more information, click here
Our priests will never send an email or text requesting money or gift cards. Our clergy email addresses end in @raldioc.org
Nuestros sacerdotes nunca enviarán un correo electrónico o mensaje de texto solicitando dinero o tarjetas de regalo.
Our parish's online giving system is WeShare. It's safe, simple, and convenient! Click on the Donate circle to set up your one-time or recurring gift from your debit card, credit card, or checking account. You're welcome to call the parish office at 919-772-5524 or contact customer support at [email protected] if you need help. Thank you for your generosity!
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 8 AM
Saturday at 5 PM (English)
Sábado a 7 PM (Español)
Sunday at 8 AM and 10 AM (English)
Domingo a mediodía (Español)
The diocese is livestreaming Masses on its YouTube channel. See https://dioceseofraleigh.org/news/online-spiritual-resources for a link to the Masses.
- First and third Wednesdays from 5 PM to 6:30 PM in English.
- Second and fourth Wednesdays from 6 PM to 7:30 PM in Spanish.
- Saturdays from 3:30 PM to 4:45 PM in English.
- By appointment with a priest. Please email the priest to arrange the appointment.
Las oficinas parroquiales están abiertas de lunes a jueves de 9 a.m. a 4:30 p.m.
Bishop's Annual Appeal
Last year, donations to the Bishop's Annual Appeal helped our diocese to celebrate 3,299 baptisms, 690 marriages, 1,958 confirmations, and 1,735 first communions. Youth and adult sacrament preparation, catechist formation, and marriage preparation and support are all aided by your BAA donations. Thank you!
We have kicked off our Annual Bishops Annual Appeal fundraising effort to support many important works in the diocese and in our parish. Thank you to everyone that has already completed and returned their pledge card. If you haven’t had a chance yet, it’s never been easier. You can go to http://www.GiveToBAA.org and securely complete your pledge today.
Thank you for your continued generous support of our parish and our community.
The 2021 Bishop’s Annual Appeal funds many ministries in the areas of charity, evangelization, and worship. The Bishop’s Annual Appeal will provide over $7 million in the upcoming year to help those in physical and spiritual need. Our parish's goal is $83,294. Funds raised are distributed:
- 24% to education: sacramental preparation, Catholic school support, catechist formation, youth ministry and retreats, college campus ministry, continuing education for clergy
- 22% to ministry: hospital ministry, financial help to rural parishes, safe environment training, formation of permanent deacons, special diocesan liturgies
- 22% to Catholic Charities: disaster services, family crisis support, food pantries, immigration services. Over 58,000 people were helped last year, and 3 million pounds of food were distributed
- 13% to communications: bilingual media programming, NC Catholics magazine, social media, video, the diocesan website, dioceseofraleigh.org
- 11% to marriage, family, and respect life: marriage preparation, marriage support, natural family planning, promoting a culture of life and dignity, post-abortion healing, prison ministry
- 8% to seminarians and vocations: outreach to those discerning a vocation and tuition, room & board, books, and formation support for the 20 men studying for the priesthood
Thank you for your participation in meeting this year's goal. You can donate online at www.GiveToBAA.org or pick up a pledge packet in the church.